The Van Life Series Featuring Mali Mish | North America & Europe
“We initially didn't think that this would be our life. We started travelling on the road in 2008 when our child was 1, we now have 3 of them"
Meet family of 5... Dan, Marlene & their three children.
This is FAMILY GOALS, wait until you hear Dan & Marlene's story.
Dan and Marlene were parents of a their first child a newborn when they first hit the road beginning with little getaways. Fast forward 12 years... plus a couple more children and they are living full-time on the road.
2008 was pre-Instagram... so how on earth did they work out where to go? Well like the adventurous digital nomads that they are... they winged it.
Ever wondered how to home-school kids from the road? How to make a residual income on the road and how to feed a family of 5 with a small kitchen space?
In the podcast:
- Mali Mish story
- Home-schooling? What is the structure/ what resources do you use?
- Has living life like this made the family closer/ connected?
- Do you get any judgement for not having the kids in school and living this lifestyle that’s “different” from the standard routine?
- Do the kids have access to technology (tv, tablets, video games) or do you live a tech free lifestyle?
- Where do you camp/ shower?
- Any tips for grocery shopping for a family of 5 in such a small space?
- What is your favourite place you’ve travelled to so far on this adventure
- How do you make an income on the road?
- Advice to anyone thinking about converting to life on the road and advice to any parents who are thinking about doing this but have been using their kids as an excuse to not go
Check out their Instagram @Mali.Mish
Editorial: If you would like to share this story please ensure you tag in @mali.mish + @AugieSundays.